The meaning of injection mold protection: it is artificially set in the production process to protect the mold and prevent the mold from being damaged due to congenital causes and foreign objects. The behavior of mold protection: When setting mold low voltage protection, do you need to understand where the protection comes from? Of course, it is low-voltage protection, that is, there will be an alarm when a foreign object is pressed, and the mold will not be damaged.
The detailed method of setting low-pressure mold protection by injection molding machine is as follows:
1. Do you know which part of the mold should be protected first? Such as neutron, core pulling, ferrule, slider, oblique pin, mold core, thimble, etc.
2. Then decide the distance to be set for the low-voltage protection, so that the protected components must contact each other within the low-voltage protection distance you set, so that the low-voltage protection is set in the range of the machine monitoring.
For example, the contact position between the movable mold and the fixed mold during the mold clamping process is 30mm. According to the dangerous situation, we set the low-voltage protection position at 32mm, so that when the mold is closed to 32mm, it will start to enter the low-voltage protection position. be effectively supervised.
3. Determine the clamping speed. This speed is also a more important parameter. It shouldn't be too fast, but it's enough. Going too fast creates certain inertia. The speed of this section is best to be slower, generally no more than 15%, and the speed will be determined later. , do not arbitrarily change.
4. The pressure setting is more important. It is best to use the minimum pressure to make the mold just fit the touch of the parting surface of the mold. If the minimum unit (for example, 1 pressure unit) is reduced, the mold will not be suitable for the touch of the parting surface. This pressure is the minimum low-pressure protection pressure (just put an A piece of paper can make the machine alarm).
5. Taking parting surface contact as the new standard, add 0.1~0.3mm to this position as the high-pressure clamping position. This 0.1~0.3mm (recommended value) is to compensate for the thermal expansion and contraction of the mold material. Of course, this compensation position can be set smaller, too small may cause frequent low-voltage protection alarms.
Note: This setting may come at the cost of cycle time. Colleagues can set it according to the specific situation, but the above can be used as a general principle. When setting, pay attention to the stable mold temperature, especially the thermal expansion of the high mold temperature mold, which may cause a temperature difference and affect the setting. After the low-pressure protection is set, changing the speed of the low-pressure protection at will may cause the set low-pressure protection pressure to be too high, which is the result of inertia.